PREPARING FOR AN EYE EXAM
An eye exam will take approximately 30 to 90 minutes. The eyes will be dilated which means near vision may be fuzzy for about three to four hours. They will also be sensitive to light. It’s a good idea to bring sunglasses or we can provide disposable ones, if needed. Also, please bring any prescription glasses, such as computer or reading glasses to the exam.
AN EYE EXAM WILL INCLUDE:
1. Complete medical history
2. History of any eye problems
3. Visual acuity at both distance and near
4. Pupil check
5. Confrontation visual fields
6. Extraocular muscle evaluation
8. Intraocular pressure reading
10. Examination of the front part of eye using the slit lamp microscope
11. Examination of the retina inside of eye including the retina and optic nerve
After all tests are performed and evaluated, the doctor will explain the findings and make recommendations to help maintain the health of the eyes. We will address any concerns and take time to answer questions concerning your eyes or vision. Please, feel free to ask your doctor questions about your eye health.
At Riemer Eye Center we believe outstanding customer service and personalized care are an essential part of any eye exam. If at any time you have a concern or question, please let us know.